Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Grinch Who's Too Broke for Christmas

Friends,
Christmas is almost upon us. Shoppers and stores in a state of last minute panic. People are filling in the holes, or just now getting started...
And you're trying to buy for that one person who has asked you to please, please, please, for the love of God, don't buy her anything.

That person? Is serious.
No, reall
NO, re
NO. Shut UP a second. (I saw that with love.) She really is.
Yeah, I know you want to. I know you've told her she doesn't need to reciprocate because that's not why you're doing it.
I knOW you mean this.
But when you're honest with yourself, if someone buys you something, and you don't buy them something back, don't you feel just a tad guilty?
Be honest.
You do.
Yes, you do.

And that's what you're buying your friend for Christmas.
A big ole' box o' guilt.
Awesome.

Are you seriously still arguing with me?
There's no, "But I wanted to do this!"
No. Not how it works.

If you've really gotta do something, hang out with your friend.
Heat some boiling water and have a sit-down mug of tea.
Watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and share a cookie.
Your broke friend probably can't bake.

If you wanna be nice for Christmas, do that.



(Disclaimer: This is not directed at my mom. She's unstoppable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment